We welcome you to St. James Parish, the Episcopal Church in Preston, Connecticut.
Our Sunday services are virtual only at this time, and they are centered on the celebration of Holy Eucharist. An organist and musicians from the community bring to life traditional Anglican music. Our members live locally, in surrounding towns, and beyond. The importance of breaking bread together as a community is most evident in our Fish and Chips Lenten dinners, but also in monthly gatherings. We are an open and affirming congregation that is dedicated to following Jesus by being a light and source of grace and healing. Join us!
- Sunday Worship at 9 AM: we are gathering virtually on Zoom and Facebook Live. Please call the church office at 860-889-0150 to request a zoom invite.
- Thursdays at 7 PM: Dwelling in the Word and Compline (zoom).
- Fridays at 8 AM: Guided Healing Prayer Meditation (zoom).
- Every other Monday at 7 PM: In response to our virtual coffee hour conversation, we are offering Our Work: Learning About Antiracism. We meet every other Monday evening at 7:00 PM via zoom. Currently we are reading Stamped from the Beginning: the Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi to look at the history and nature of racism, listen deeply to what we are learning during the national conversation about antiracism, and explore how these messages have shaped our lives and the lives of Black Americans. The next meeting date is Nov. 9.
- For zoom invites for any of the happenings listed above, call the church office or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Blue Jean Sunday on Nov. 1
We need your help! Please come and join us for our annual Blue Jean Sunday on Sunday, November 1, at noon. Call the office if you would like to help, 860-889-0150. Bring your own tools and gloves and work together 6 feet apart!
Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Help us in supporting St. Vincent de Paul Place in Norwich (https://www.svdpp.org). A current list of their needs is to-go containers, tuna, soup, pasta, pasta sauce, hot dogs, cereal, maple syrup, pancake mix (just add water), baby diapers (size 4, 5 and 6), baby wipes, razors, and men's boxers size L and XL.
Forward Day by Day booklets available
The Forward Day by Day booklets are available in our church lobbies. Please take one for your daily devotion. Or if you prefer, a copy can be mailed to you. Contact the church office at email@example.com or call 860-889-0150.