We welcome you to St. James Parish, the Episcopal Church in Preston, Connecticut.
Our Sunday services are in person and virtual, and they are centered on the celebration of Holy Eucharist. An organist and musicians from the community bring to life traditional Anglican music. Our members live locally, in surrounding towns, and beyond. The importance of breaking bread together as a community is most evident in our Fish and Chips Lenten dinners, but also in monthly gatherings. We are an open and affirming congregation that is dedicated to following Jesus by being a light and source of grace and healing. You are welcome to join us in person or virtually!
- Sunday Worship at 9 AM: we are gathering in person at St. James and virtually on Zoom or Facebook Live. If you are over 65 or have a health condition, we strongly recommend that you do not come to worship at the church. We recommend that you continue to worship virtually. Please call the church office at 860-889-0150 to reserve your space on Sunday or request a zoom invite.
- Thursdays at 7 PM: Dwelling in the Word and Compline.
- Fridays at 8 AM: Guided Healing Prayer Meditation.
- Every other Monday at 7 PM: In response to our virtual coffee hour conversation, we are offering Our Work: Learning About Antiracism. The first meeting will be on Monday, June 22 at 7:00 PM. We are using the book White Fragility by Robin Diangelo to look at the nature of racism, listen deeply to what we are learning during the national conversation about antiracism, and explore how these messages have shaped our lives and the lives of Black Americans. Meeting dates are July 6, July 20, August 3, August 17, and August 31.
- For zoom invites for any of the happenings listed above, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The 286th Annual Meeting on July 12
St. James will hold its 286th Annual Meeting on Sunday, July 12, 2020 immediately following our 9 AM worship service. You can attend either in-person or by zoom video conference. If you plan to attend in person, please call the church office to let them know you will be attending. If you are attending via zoom, the zoom meeting ID and password will be the same as the Sunday service zoom ID and password--call the church office if you need those numbers.
You can view or download the notice of the meeting and the agenda below.
Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Help us in supporting St. Vincent de Paul Place in Norwich (https://www.svdpp.org). A current list of their needs is to-go containers, tuna, soup, pasta, pasta sauce, hot dogs, cereal, maple syrup, pancake mix (just add water), baby diapers (size 4, 5 and 6), baby wipes, razors, and men's boxers size L and XL.