We welcome you to St. James Parish, the Episcopal Church in Preston, Connecticut.
Our Sunday services are in person and virtual, and they are centered on the celebration of Holy Eucharist. An organist and musicians from the community bring to life traditional Anglican music. Our members live locally, in surrounding towns, and beyond. The importance of breaking bread together as a community is most evident in our Fish and Chips Lenten dinners, but also in monthly gatherings. We are an open and affirming congregation that is dedicated to following Jesus by being a light and source of grace and healing. You are welcome to join us in person or virtually!
- Sunday Worship at 9 AM: we are gathering in person at St. James and virtually on Zoom or Facebook Live. If you are over 65 or have a health condition, we strongly recommend that you do not come to worship at the church. We recommend that you continue to worship virtually. Please call the church office at 860-889-0150 to reserve your space on Sunday or request a zoom invite.
- Thursdays at 7 PM: Dwelling in the Word and Compline.
- Fridays at 8 AM: Guided Healing Prayer Meditation.
- Every other Monday at 7 PM: In response to our virtual coffee hour conversation, we are offering Our Work: Learning About Antiracism. We meet every other Monday evening at 7:00 PM via zoom. Currently we are reading Stamped from the Beginning: the Definitive History of Racist Ideas in America by Ibram X. Kendi to look at the history and nature of racism, listen deeply to what we are learning during the national conversation about antiracism, and explore how these messages have shaped our lives and the lives of Black Americans. Meeting dates are August 17, August 31, Sept. 14, and Sept. 28.
- For zoom invites for any of the happenings listed above, email email@example.com .
Holy Friendship Outdoor Worship and Picnic on Sept. 13
Save the Date…. For our Holy Friendship Outdoor Worship at 10:00 AM followed by a parish wide picnic on September 13th at the home of Jane and Peter Leibert. The Leiberts have a 3-acre farm with many shady trees that will allow plenty of space for social distancing. Each family will bring their own picnic of food, drinks, and chairs. More details to follow!
Our Response to the COVID-19 Pandemic:
Help us in supporting St. Vincent de Paul Place in Norwich (https://www.svdpp.org). A current list of their needs is to-go containers, tuna, soup, pasta, pasta sauce, hot dogs, cereal, maple syrup, pancake mix (just add water), baby diapers (size 4, 5 and 6), baby wipes, razors, and men's boxers size L and XL.
Forward Day by Day booklets available
The Forward Day by Day booklets are available in our church lobbies. Please take one for your daily devotion. Or if you prefer, a copy can be mailed to you. Contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-889-0150.